How do you start your day? Are you harried and in a frenzy trying to play catch up or get things done? Do you have any routine you like to follow so you don’t feel that way? I find that the flow of my day is 100% influenced by the way my day begins. If I start my day consistently the same way, I am more calm, energized, and ready to take on the day. If I start my day by getting up late, or scrolling my phone, the day definitely doesn’t run as smoothly.
I’ve discovered a pretty great routine and for the past 18+ months it’s started this way. Here are the top 5 ways I begin my day:
- Meditation- I use the Calm App for mindfulness and then do a 20 minute meditation with the Ziva Technique. I find this allows me to feel relaxed, calm, and it definitely lowers stress levels
- Exercise- I do anywhere from 20-60 or so minutes of exercise either doing strength training, HIIT, cross training, treadmill, or a combination. The benefits of exercise include feeling energized and awake for the day, increases blood flow and flexibility, and gets those feel good endorphins flowing.
- Mantra- I have a daily phrase/saying that reminds me of how I want to BE every day- I have had the same one since 2003- Enjoy the Day!
- Express Gratitude- One of the most important habits to adopt is expressing gratitude. The more grateful for what we have, the more you realize all that you have, and the more abundance will come your way.
- Drink Lemon Water- A tall glass of room temperature lemon water leaves me feeling hydrated, it’s cleansing, and is an excellent source of vitamin C.
Do any of these habits resonate with you? Are you already doing them? What does your morning look like every day? Do you fly by the seat of your pants, hit the snooze button a few times, and then rush around feeling out of control? If so, give yourself the gift of starting the day with a few good habits. They don’t have to look like mine, but research shows that having a routine is better than not having one. Your mood will be lifted and especially as a Mom, you will have done something to take care of yourself before you go on to taking care of everyone else. Give it a try! What are your favorite ways to start the day? Let me know!